U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
Annapolis, Md. (July 14, 2011) – The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is seeking interested adults to become Teaching Environmental Awareness in Maryland (TEAM) volunteers. Since its inception in 1998, TEAM DNR volunteers have helped to educate over 28,000 elementary and middle school students about the Chesapeake Bay and other environmental issues.
Volunteers should have an outgoing personality and a strong desire to protect the Chesapeake Bay. No prior teaching experience is necessary. Currently, TEAM offers schools free classroom programs on the Chesapeake Bay Watershed, Horseshoe Crabs, Oyster Reefs, Chesapeake Watermen and Streams.
Participants are asked to attend both of the following sessions as part of their training:
- Thursday, August 11, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 18, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Workshops will be held in the lobby conference room of the Tawes State Office Building, 580 Taylor Avenue, Annapolis, Maryland.
Participants are asked to bring their own lunch. Beverages and snacks will be provided in the morning.
|June 14, 2011||
Contact: Josh Davidsburg
- Coast Guard, local agencies search for missing man in the Upper Chesapeake Bay BALTIMORE – Coast Guard and local agencies are searching for...
- Breaking News | Chesapeake Bay Magazine The Maryland Department of Natural Resources DNR is now offering...
- Area Near Cruise Ship Housing St. Mary’s College Students Temporarily Closed to Shellfish Harvesting Press Release Media Contact: Jay Apperson (410) 537-3003 [email protected] MDE...
- Coast Guard participates in early Veterans Day ceremony in Chesapeake Fifth District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release...
- Coast Guard members volunteer to help the Chesepeake Bay Foundation Coast Guard members of Aids to Navigation Team Milford Haven...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.