U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
A Media Advisory from the Maryland Department of Natural Resources
Second batch of Stripers to be released June 28
Contact: Josh Davidsburg
Queen Anne Marina
412 Congressional Drive
WHEN: Thursday, June 28 at 10:00 a.m.
**MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA PLANNING TO ATTEND PLEASE RSVP TO JOSH DAVIDSBURG AT 410-507-7526 PRIOR TO THE TRIP ─ SPACE IS LIMITED***
On Thursday, June 28, 2012, up to 200 tagged striped bass will be released into the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries. One of these fish, Diamond Jim, will be worth up to $20,000. The other specially tagged fish will each be worth at least $500. The Diamond Jim component of the Maryland Fishing Challenge began on Friday, May 24 and will run through September 3. DNR will guarantee $25,000 in prize money if Diamond Jim is not caught, the prize money will be distributed evenly among the anglers who catch imposters.
(The Drum Point Flotilla reminds every fisherman in the hunt for Diamond Jim to boat safely! Wear your life jacket, boat sober, and plan your day. Don’t forget to file a float plan with someone that will miss you if you do not return from your fishing trip on time. Have fun in the hunt but do it safely!)
- 2011 Young Of The Year Striped Bass Survey Shows Fourth Highest Reproduction On Record Annapolis, Md. (October 18, 2011) – The Maryland Department of...
- Chesapeake Bay Journal: Tons of poached fish forces MD DNR to close striped bass fishery – March 2011 Maryland Department of Natural Resources officials are grappling with how...
- Fisheries Service Launches Interactive State Record Timeline Annapolis, Md. (June 28, 2011) — The Maryland Department of...
- Maryland Announces Free-Fishing Days Annapolis, Md. (June 2, 2011)─The State of Maryland welcomes new...
- DNR, Coastal Anglers Hook Up For An Innovative Flounder Survey Annapolis, Md. (June 28, 2011) “This cooperative effort between MSSA...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.