U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
Never over load your vessel. Check your capacity plate for maximum allowed weight. Evaluate your free board as cargo and passengers board the vessel. Is the load equally distributed fore and aft, port and starboard. Above all use common sense and do not take senseless risks.
Date: July 14, 2012
Contact: Public Affairs Detachment Baltimore
Office: (410) 576-2541
The man contacted Coast Guard Sector Baltimore watchstanders at approximately 10:15 p.m., Friday reporting he had allided with an object in the water near Tangier Island and had injuries to himself and the other man aboard, who was unresponsive.
The man was able to moor the boat at a marina on Tangier Island. Accomack County emergency medical technicians arrived on scene and were able to give aid to the man and perform CPR on the other man, who was later pronounced dead.
A boatcrew aboard a 25-foot Response Boat - Small from Coast Guard Station Crisfield, Md., medevaced the 37-year-old man from Tangier Island to Crisfield and transferred him to awaiting emergency medical personnel.
He was taken to McCready Memorial Hospital in Crisfield for treatment.
Saving Lives and Guarding the Coast Since 1790.
The United States Coast Guard — Proud History. Powerful Future.
- VMRC, Coast Guard locate overdue boater in Tangier Harbor Date: Nov 8, 2010 Contact: Public Affairs Det. Baltimore (410)...
- Coast Guard aircrew rescues 2 near Hooper’s Island, Md. 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- Coast Guard rescues 3 swimmers near Kent Island in Chesapeake Bay Date: June 25, 2012 Contact: Public Affairs Detachment Baltimore Office:...
- Coast Guard medevacs ship’s master in Annapolis Harbor, Md. News Release Date: July 12, 2012 Contact: Public Affairs Detachment...
- Coast Guard responds, suspends search for possible downed aircraft near Deal Island, Md. 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.