U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
Chesapeake City, Md. (July 11, 2012) – At around 2 p.m. on July 10, Natural Resources Police (NRP) officers were sent out to a possible drowning at the Two Rivers Yacht Basin located on the Bohemia River in Chesapeake City.
It was reported that the victim, James Brior, 80, and his wife of Downingtown Pennsylvania were cleaning their boat when Mr. Brior fell overboard. Mrs. Brior heard her husband, who had been on the bow of the boat, yell for help. She threw a life jacket and a line to him; however Mr. Brior was unable to reach either one before slipping under the surface of the water.
Approximately 10 minutes later Mr. Brior was pulled from the water by two employees of the yacht basin and a good samaritan. Mr. Brior was transported to Union Hospital in Elkton and was pronounced dead at 3:15 p.m. It was reported that Mr. Brior normally wore a life jacket when he was cleaning the boat but was not wearing one at the time. According to his family he was strong swimmer and in good health. An autopsy will be performed today, July 11 to determine the cause of death.
|July 11, 2012||
Contact: Captain Jerry Kirkwood
- Capsized boat claims 1 life, 5 rescued near Ocean City, Md 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- Coast Guard suspends search for man missing in Magothy River 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- Teen Drowns In Choptank River Helping Friend – Baltimore News, Weather, Breaking News | WMAR-TV The friend was eventually able to make it back into...
- Boat Safe, Boat Smart on the 4th of July During the day when celebrating with family and friends or...
- UPDATE: Coast Guard suspends search for 1 in Back River near Essex, Md. Date: July 04, 2012 Contact: Public Affairs Detachment Baltimore Office:...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.