U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
WASHINGTON – In 1939, Congress established the U. S. Coast Guard Reserve, which was later renamed the Coast Guard Auxiliary in 1941. Through the years the Auxiliary has grown and changed, but we have always remained focused on our goals of saving lives through education and providing support to the U. S. Coast Guard.
As we now celebrate the anniversaries, both the 236th year of Independence of our country July 4, and recently the 73rd anniversary of the Auxiliary June 23, we need to focus on the pride we have as volunteers supporting our nation and working with the Gold side.
Volunteering is critical to the well – being of our country. We should all take pride in the 1,058,817 number of 99 hours dedicated by Auxiliarists and the 27 number of lives saved this year with 693 persons assisted since January 2012. On these anniversaries it is an excellent opportunity to show the spirit of the Auxiliary volunteerism and the dedication to supporting the Coast Guard.
We hold the Coast Guard in high esteem for their unwavering courage in their mission to save lives. Auxiliarists should take pride in their contributions of time and talent so the Gold Side can accomplish their mission.
I wish you all a happy anniversary and a summer safe on the water.
James E. Vass, Jr.
- Vice National Commodore’s 2011 Holiday Message « Coast Guard Auxiliary Live Auxiliarists have put forth outstanding efforts during the past year...
- National Commodore’s Thanksgiving Message « Coast Guard Auxiliary Live I am thankful for all you do as Auxiliarists. Your...
- COMMANDANTS INDEPENDENCE DAY MESSAGE- STANDING THE WATCH R 301658Z JUN 11 ALCOAST 315/11 COMDTNOTE 1000 SUBJ: COMMANDANTS...
- Commandant’s Coast Guard Day Message Shipmates, Today, as it is our custom, we celebrate on...
- ALAUX: COMMANDANT’S COAST GUARD DAY MESSAGE -019/11 To: ALAUX From: CHDIRAUX Subj: COMMANDANT’S COAST GUARD DAY MESSAGE...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.