U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
Salisbury, Md. (July 3, 2012)— Local officials and residents of Salisbury came out to show their excitement and support for the official christening of the M/V Michael J. McMullen fire and rescue boat at a ceremony on June 23 at the Port of Salisbury. With both fire and medical service capabilities, the 36-foot MetalCraft Marine, Inc. boat is ready to provide rapid response to boating accidents along the Wicomico and surrounding rivers.
“In all, the boat provides state of the art performance in fire, rescue, dive and emergency medical services,” said Fire Chief Richard A. Hoppes. “Among its many features, the boat has a stable platform to support dive rescue operations and can supply unlimited water at 2,500 gallons per minute.”
The vessel features:
The new fire and rescue vessel project, completed on May 1, was a joint venture. Funding came from a Federal Homeland Security grant for $896,055 and $50,000 in matching funds from the Maryland Department of Natural Resources Waterway Improvement Fund. Revenue for the fund comes from the one-time 5 percent excise tax paid when a boat is purchased and titled in Maryland.
|July 3, 2012||
Contact: Josh Davidsburg
- Coast Guard, Charles County Fire and Rescue respond, rescue 1 in Potomac River 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- Three Separate Boating Incidents on Saturday Keep Fire and Rescue Busy – Greater Annapolis, MD Patch Three separate boating incidents on Saturday kept Anne Arundel County...
- Passing of a brother volunteer Robert “Bob” Reeves – Calvert County Fire, Rescue, EMS The condolences of the Drum Point Flotilla are extended to...
- Flash fire burns man working on boat engine | Maryland News – WBAL Home WBAL-TV via Twitter: BALTIMORE -A flash fire burned a man...
- Maryland State Police & Anne Arundel County Fire Perform Mid-Bay Medical Evacuation On Sunday morning June 12th, Maryland State Police Aviation Command...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.