U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
Date: July 04, 2012
Contact: Public Affairs Detachment Baltimore
Office: (410) 576-2541
BALTIMORE — The Coast Guard suspended its search at approximately 5 p.m. for a man after his personal watercraft was found in the Back River near Essex, Md., Wednesday.
Missing is Harry Gillis, 47, from Baltimore.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Baltimore received a call at approximately 4 p.m. Tuesday from a good Samaritan reporting a blue personal watercraft had drifted to his pier with the keys in the ignition.
A crew aboard a 25-foot Response Boat – Small from Coast Guard Station Still Pond, Md., an MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew from Coast Guard Air Station Atlantic City, N.J., a Baltimore County Police boatcrew, a Baltimore County Police helicopter aircrew, a Maryland Natural Resources Police boatcrew, a Maryland State Police helicopter aircrew and a Coast Guard Auxiliary boatcrew responded to search for Gillis.
The Coast Guard searched a six mile section of the river for approximately 25 hours for Gillis.
- UPDATE: Coast Guard suspends search for 1 near Breezy Point, Md. Date: July 01, 2012 Contact: Public Affairs Detachment Baltimore Office:...
- UPDATE: Coast Guard suspends search for missing man in Bush River, Md 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- Coast Guard suspends search for man missing in Magothy River 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- UPDATE: Coast Guard suspends search for 1 near Sandy Point, Md. 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- CORRECTION: Coast Guard, local authorities end search for boater in Potomac River near Indian Head, Md. 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.