U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
Date: Aug. 04, 2012
Contact: Public Affairs Detachment Baltimore
Office: (410) 576-2541
BALTIMORE — The Coast Guard rescued a 50-year-old man after the 20-foot sailboat he was aboard capsized in Tangier Sound near Crisfield Saturday
The man’s wife contacted watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Baltimore at approximately 8:23 p.m. reporting her husband’s sailboat had capsized in Tangier Sound, and he was sitting on top of the overturned boat and required assistance.
A crew aboard a 25-foot Response Boat – Small from Coast Guard Station Crisfield arrived on scene and brought the man aboard their boat. He was transferred to a Deal Island Fire and Rescue boatcrew and taken to Deal Island.
No injuries were reported.
Saving Lives and Guarding the Coast Since 1790.
The United States Coast Guard — Proud History. Powerful Future.
- Coast Guard medevacs boater near Tangier Island, Va. Date: July 14, 2012 Contact: Public Affairs Detachment Baltimore Office:...
- VMRC, Coast Guard locate overdue boater in Tangier Harbor Date: Nov 8, 2010 Contact: Public Affairs Det. Baltimore (410)...
- Coast Guard aircrew rescues 2 near Hooper’s Island, Md. 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- Coast Guard rescues boater near Annapolis, Md. 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- Coast Guard rescues 3 swimmers near Kent Island in Chesapeake Bay Date: June 25, 2012 Contact: Public Affairs Detachment Baltimore Office:...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.