U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
Never over load your vessel. Check your capacity plate for maximum allowed weight. Evaluate your free board as cargo and passengers board the vessel. Is the load equally distributed fore and aft, port and starboard. Above all use common sense and do not take senseless risks.
Gibson Island, Md. (August 23, 2012) ─ The Maryland Natural Resource Police (NRP) is investigating a boating accident that happened at approximately 7 p.m. on August 22 in the Magothy River near Gibson Island. Seven people were injured, including five children. None have life threatening injuries.
Two boats collided, a 27-foot Baja and a 20-foot Bayliner. Delegate Donald Dwyer of Pasadena was driving the Baja and had one passenger onboard, John Edward Moran IV. Mark Harbin was driving the Bayliner, which was occupied by one other adult and five children.
Seven victims were transported to three area hospitals: three children were taken to Johns Hopkins Pediatric Center; one child was transported to Johns Hopkins ER; two adults were transported to R Adam Cowley Shock Trauma Unit in Baltimore; and one adult was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center.
Delegate Dwyer’s boat sunk and a salvage company has recovered it. The Bayliner was able to make it to shore under its own power. NRP is storing the boats at a secure facility. NRP is currently investigating the cause of the accident.
- TWO VESSELS COLLIDE IN THE MAGOTHY RIVER ANNE ARUNDEL – 8-22-12 Natural Resource Police responded to a boat accident in the...
- Coast Guard suspends search for man missing in Magothy River 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- New Boat Law Affects Maryland Charter Boats – WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 - (WBOC-TV) OCEAN CITY, Md.- Charter boats in Maryland are facing...
- Coast Guard warns boaters of illegal charter boats Coast Guard Sector Baltimore cautions passengers who pay to go...
- Natural Resources Police Blotter – Monday July 25, 2011 Anne Arundel County (July 25, 2011) – The Maryland Natural...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.