U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
Date: Sept. 03, 2012
Contact: Public Affairs Detachment Baltimore
Office: (410) 576-2541
BALTIMORE — The Coast Guard and local responders are searching for a 27-year-old male approximately two miles off Bayside Beach, Monday.
A crewmember aboard the sailing vessel Phoenix contacted Coast Guard Sector Baltimore watchstanders via VHF-FM radio at approximately 12:30 p.m., reporting a crewmember overboard.
The reporting source stated that two crewmembers, a female and the missing male, both fell overboard. The female was rescued but they lost sight of the male.
Sector Baltimore watchstanders issued an urgent marine information broadcast, launched a crew aboard a 45-foot Response Boat – Medium from Coast Guard Station Curtis Bay and a crew aboard an MH-65 Dolphin Helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station Atlantic City, N.J. The watchstanders also notified members at the Maryland Natural Resources Police and the Anne Arundel County Police Department.
The RBM crew from Curtis Bay arrived on scene at approximately 1 p.m. and crews from all three agencies are on scene searching.
Saving Lives and Guarding the Coast Since 1790.
The United States Coast Guard — Proud History. Powerful Future.
- Coast Guard, local agencies searching for missing man near Riviera Beach, Md. 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- Coast Guard, local agencies search for missing man near Annapolis, Md 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- Coast Guard, local agencies search for missing man in the Upper Chesapeake Bay BALTIMORE – Coast Guard and local agencies are searching for...
- Multiple agencies search for missing man in Bush River, Md 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
- Coast Guard, Navy, local agencies respond to partially submerged boat 5th District Public Affairs U.S. Coast Guard News Release Date:...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.