U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
Mechanicsville, Md. (September 10, 2012) ─ The Maryland Natural Resource Police (NRP) responded to the scene of a fatal boating incident at 8:45am on 9-9-12, approximately one mile south of Sheridan Point in the Patuxent River. Lewis Jack Sprouse, 29, of Harwood, Md. was fishing a trotline for crabs when his foot got tangled in the line and he was pulled overboard, striking the boats propeller.
After Sprouse was pulled into the water, witnesses said they saw the boat going in circles then coming to a stop after his body struck the propeller, stalling the engine. Sprouse was the driver of the boat, a 17-foot Mako. His body was recovered by Charles County dive team.
- Two Killed in Boating Accident: Boat Capsized in Chesapeake Bay – WPMT The men did have life preservers on as their boat...
- ASSATEAGUE: Drowning victim identified | The Daily Times | delmarvanow.com Morlock said the crew was on the ocean water off...
- UPDATE: Coast Guard suspends search for missing man in Pamlico Sound, NC Crew aboard the fishing vessel Island Girl located the Harvest...
- One Man Rescued, Another Dies after Boat Capsizes While Duck Hunting Near Indian Head – Southern Maryland Headline News CHARLES COUNTY, Md. (December 16, 2011) — Maryland Natural Resources...
- 3 Drown in Marshyhope Creek Federalsburg, Maryland Federalsburg, Md. (July 8, 2012) – At approximately 1:30 am...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.