U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Department of Homeland Security
District 5SR Division 23 Flotilla 23-6 THE DRUM POINT FLOTILLA Calvert County'sVolunteer Lifesavers
- AUX National Home (N)
- AuxDirectory (N)
- What’s New (N)
- CGAUX Help Desk (N)
- Members Only Page (N)
- District 5SR AUX Home
- District 5SR AUX Public Affairs
- Division 23 Home
- Flotilla 23-6 wow (N)
- Public Boating Classes (N)
- My Online 29 (7029)
- Auxiliary Forms (N)
- My 7028
- My 7030
- My 7038 (VE)
- My 7039 (Workshop)
- My 7054 (ATON)
- Member Training
- Meeting Location
- Auxiliary Training Classroom
You removed your boat plug in the winter after hauling your boat from the water, but have you remembered to reinstall it? Every year, some recreational boaters launch and then watch their boats sink because they forgot to reinstall the boat plug. Don’t let it happen to you.
Gibson Island, Md. (September 6, 2012) ─The Maryland Natural Resource Police (NRP) recovered the body of Jason Ryman, 27, of Philadelphia on September 6th. Ryman went missing the on September 3rd when strong winds caused him to fall into the water while boating.
Ryman was boating in the Six Foot Knoll area of the Chesapeake Bay, North of Gibson Island with family and friends when a storm with high wind gusts caused the sailboat he was on to tilt to the right. Ryman and Hannah Kahn, 26, also of Philadelphia, slid off the boat and into the water. The boat’s operator was able to pick-up Ms. Kahn from the water and said he could see Ryman in the water but was unable to reach him.
The boats operator immediately contacted the United States Coast Guard, and provided his GPS coordinates, at around 12:50 p.m. Units from Anne Arundel Fire and Rescue and the Coast Guard responded to the scene and began the search for Ryman.
- Body of Missing Boater Recovered – Pasadena, MD Patch The Maryland Natural Resource Police (NRP) announced Thursday that they...
- Coast Guard recovers body of missing fisherman near Morehead City, NC PORTSMOUTH, Va. — The Coast Guard recovered the body of...
- Police recover body of missing Pasadena boater • Public Record (www.HometownAnnapolis.com – The Capital) PASADENA — The body of a 25-year-old Pasadena man missing...
- Body of Missing Boater in Harford County Recovered Harford County, Md. (July 17, 2012) – Maryland Natural Resource...
- NRP Recovers Body on August 30 For Immediate Release Contact: Sgt. Brian K. Albert Thursday, August...
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
The Division 23 Chesapeake Chatter is available at the Division 23 website.
The Blinker Newsletter is available at the Fabulous 5th Southern Website.
The weekly CGUAX Newsletter is available at SITREP.
THE RBS Department's newsletter WAVES - Watercraft and Vessel Safety is available at the RBS website.
The CGAUXA eBeacon Magazine.
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER Links to non-Coast Guard entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not, in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private issues or products presented there. We cannot make any warranty or representation concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they link.